Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rocky Horror Picture Show

So, last night on Halloween, my friends and I decided to go see Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Osbourne Theatre downtown. If you don't what Rocky Horror is I can't explain it, it's kinda stupid and makes no sense but it has become a cult classic. So, go look it up on google, or something.

Anyways, it's something I always wanted to do, mainly, because my dad's been telling me about my entire life. So, we went and it was really funny. You watch the movie where you can scream obscenities at the screen, and there's stuff you say and do in response to what goes on on the screen. For instance, the main characters go out into the rain, and they hold newspapers over their heads to protect them. So, the audience gets sprayed by water and everyone pulls out their newspapers. It's really funny!

And there's this other part, where this character on the screen says "great scott!" and everyone starts throwing toilet paper around the theatre. It's so ridiculous, and there's a live cast who will follow and improve on what happens on the screen.

So, that's what I did for Halloween. So, tell me, bloggers, what did you do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! You better have taken pictures!

Ms. Cat said...

Maria! I am so jealous. I have wanted to go see the Rocky Horror picture show for Halloween for years but no one ever wants to go with me:( Maybe in 15 years, when the kids are older, I'll go!

Maria R. said...

You should definitely do it Ms. Cat, maybe you can Lindy or Ms. Taylor or Mz.Coronetopoulos with you. I think you will all really enjoy it!