Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Haiku About Writing a Haiku

Inspiration fails
me, obscuring my thought process,
ah, enlightenment.

So, here's a haiku about writing a haiku, or at least my experience today in class. It was frustrating, I wanted to say something but I didn't want to plainly state it, and then the words just sounded wrong. I mean, it should not be that hard to write a haiku about family, or in this case brothers. But I just couldn't explain the love and bond that they have. That silent way of communicating that only someone who knows you as well as you know yourself could ever understand.

Hmm, inspiration has struck. Let's see now...

Green eyes stare at brown
Silent communication
I know you too well.

Eh, I don't know if I like it. Anybody out there in cyberland want to help me?

2 comments:

Ms. Cat said...

why is my comment gone? did you get it?

Johnny Dish said...

haha i don't know why everyone hates poetry and finds it so challenging. just let things flowwwww

....ps, you have 8 syllables in the haikus second line instead of 7. i mean, just saying..